CONTENT CREATION AND CONTENT PROMOTION
Table of Contents
- 1 CONTENT CREATION AND CONTENT PROMOTION
- 1.1 Content Consumption in India
- 1.2 Content Marketing
- 1.3 Type of Content Formats for Content Creation
- 1.3.1 Importance of Content Creation in Digital Marketing
- 1.3.2 Content Creation – Back to Basics (Sales Funnel)
- 1.3.3 Mapping Content based on Customer Journey
- 1.3.4 Content Promotion Strategy
- 1.3.5 Examples of Great Content Creation
- 1.3.6 [ Example 1 ]
- 1.3.7 [ Example 2 ]
- 1.3.8 Measuring your content creation & content promotion effort
- 1.4 Blogging Basics
- 1.5 5 Tips to write powerful Headlines for your Blog Posts
This Content Creation and Content Promotion Guide, you will learn end to end about creating a high quality content & strategies to promote it.
Content Creation skill is one of the highest paid across the globe, as the whole marketing efforts depends on this one skill.
You can be very good digital marketing professional but your career growth will skyrocket with this one tool of content creation.
Content Promotion is as important content creation. Let’s begin!
Content Consumption in India
- As we know smartphone users could reach around 500 million by the year 2020 due to rapid growth in mobile subscribers in India, we could expect more and more people start consuming the content online.
- There was a time when we used to spend most of our time watching TV, but now it has been replacing by Hotstar and Netflix as they are acquiring a huge fan base due to the features they offer.
You can watch your favorite episodes in one go using these apps. As per the stats, more than 500 videos have been uploaded every 60 seconds in YouTube.
People have started spending more time watching videos in YouTube than ever before.
- As more and more people coming online and it is opening up a huge opportunities for both B2B and B2C businesses.
This might affect the offline marketing channels such as TV and print media due to the increase in consumer online engagement.
- Everything is changing with flexible connectivity access due to rapid increase in smartphone users.
There are high chances that we might move to omnichannel content consumption, as you can connect to YouTube and watch the favorite shows online using your Smart TVs.
- As per the stats, rural areas are consuming around 50% regional content online.
Since, the online waves has encapsulated the tier 1 and tier 2 cities already, now it’s trying to capture the rural market as well.
- As there is an increase in earning population in India, new doors of opportunities are opening up with the capabilities to connect the whole world just at the user finger tips. Online transactions are increasing as well.
- The gaming industry has already taken over around 60% of the Indian marketing industry in the digital domain.
- “We have Only Seen a Trailer of Content Marketing in India So Far”, says Sam Balsara.
“Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.” ~ contentmarketinginstitute
Content will always be the KING no matter what trend may come online.
History of Content Marketing
CONTENT CREATION & IT’S CONSISTENCY
Type of Content Formats for Content Creation
Importance of Content Creation in Digital Marketing
Before you write down your first words of content:
Two Main Components of Content Creation
- Goal of Content Creation.
- Mission Statement.
- Core Audience Target.
- What will be delivered to the target audience.
- Actions to be taken by user after consuming the content.
Content Creation – Back to Basics (Sales Funnel)
Mapping Content based on Customer Journey
Content Promotion Strategy
Examples of Great Content Creation
[ Example 1 ]
Measuring your content creation & content promotion effort
Blogging has quickly become one of the most popular ways of communicating and spreading information and news.
There are many purposes to create Blog. Some of them are mentioned below:
- People can voice their ideas, thoughts, and feelings by expressing themselves and their passions. It helps to network with the like minded people.
- You can support a cause be it social, political or environmental through blogs.
- It is one of the powerful knowledge sharing platform for your business or for an individual.
- You can improve your writing skills.
- It helps to build your professional network.
- You become an expert in your industry by updating the latest trends and technologies in your industry.
- You can make money using your blogs.
Top 5 earners in India and their earnings through their blogs alone:
1. Amit Agarwal
Estimated Earnings: $60,000 per month = Rs 30 Lakhs per month
Income Channel: Adsense, Paid Advertisement & Affiliate Income
2. Harsh Agarwal
Estimated Earnings: Around $50,000 per month
Income Channel: Affiliate Sales, Ad Sense, Ad Placements, Consultancy
3. Faisal Farooqui
Estimated Earnings: $2M to $3M per year.
Income Channel: Ad Placements, Affiliate Income, and Premium Membership
4. Amit Bhawani
Estimated Earnings: Around $25,000 per month = Rs 700,000
Income Channel: Ads Network, Google Adsense
5. Srinivas Tamada
Estimated Earnings: Around $7,000 per month = Rs 4,80,000
Income Channel: Affiliate Sales, Ad Sense, Ad Placements
5 Tips to write powerful Headlines for your Blog Posts
1. User words such as Best, Great, Top along with Numbers in your headline to make it eye-catchy.
2. Use the keywords to make it more compelling for the users.
3. How to and wh words like what, where, why, when will work seamlessly with headlines.
4. Try the below formula:
Number or Trigger word + Adjective + Keyword + Promise
“18 Unbelievable Ways You Can Bathe an Elephant Indoors”
“How You Can Effortlessly Sell Your Home in Less than 24 Hours”
5. You should clearly specify what user is going to get from your blog once after he click the link.
Below are the things you can mention in your headline:
one of the best headline examples are listed here.