FACEBOOK MARKETING STRATEGY
In this Facebook Marketing Strategy guide, you will be learning the following this:
- Driving more fans to your fan page.
- Increasing the engagement rate for the facebook posts.
- Strategies of Facebook Advertisings.
- Tools and Resources to help you with the process.
- Facebook Marketing Checklist.
Before we get started to actual methodologies, we will go through the basics of social media.
Table of Contents
- 1 FACEBOOK MARKETING STRATEGY
- 1.1 Social Media Marketing - Introduction
- 1.2 Introduction: Facebook Marketing Strategy
- 1.3 Facebook Fan Page Creation
- 1.4 Facebook Organic Promotion Strategies
- 1.5 Facebook Ads Methods
- 1.6 Facebook Local
- 1.7 Facebook Tools and Facebook Resources
Social Media Marketing - Introduction
Marketing your product/services using different Social Media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest etc.
Social Networking users are rapidly increasing in India. 142 million is the number of social network users in India, out of them around 84% will use Facebook, around 9% YouTube, 2% Instagram and 1% Twitter and less than 1% LinkedIn.
Social Media Marketing is one of the effective marketing channel for businesses in India. Revenue in the “Social Media Advertising” segment amounts to US$512m in 2018.
Introduction: Facebook Marketing Strategy
Now, we have understood the stats of social media channels and the market share.
In facebook marketing it is very crucial to know the facebook metrics.
Let’s begin understanding them from the scratch.
Important Facebook Metrics
1. Engagement – Like, Share, or Comment
2. Reach – Number of people see your content on Facebook
3. Impressions – Impressions is the number of times your posts were seen
4. Facebook Referral Traffic – Number of people who have visited your website through Facebook
5. Page Likes & Follows – Number of people who liked your fan page becomes fan, follow represents how many fans would like to see your fan page updates on their timeline
6. Video Retention – Determines how long the users stick to your video post
7. Video Engagement – Click to play is a video engagement metric that tells you how many number of people clicked on your video to watch
8. Facebook Ad Metrics
9. Click Through Rate (CTR) – Number of people clicked on your ad
10. CPC & CPM – Cost Per Click is the amount you will pay for Facebook after user clicks on the Ad.
Cost Per Mile is when you pay facebook after your Ad reaches 1000 impressions
11. CPA – Cost Per Acquisition determines how much you are paying for each lead/conversion
12. Ad Frequency – How many number of times the ad is showing to the same user
Facebook Fan Page Creation
Facebook Fan Pages help you connect your business, yourself or your cause to the worldwide community of people on Facebook.
For implementing any facebook marketing strategy for business, business should create a facebook fan page.
Follow the below 7 steps to create a Facebook Page for your business:
- Create a Facebook fan page for your business.
- Choose the right category for your business.
- Create and Update the profile picture.
- Create and update the cover image.
- Optimize your Facebook fan page by filling up the relevant details wherever necessary.
- Fan Page Settings.
Facebook Marketing Strategy - Foundation
Facebook Fan Page Creation
Below are the facebook fan page activities that you can perform to increase your credibility for your business on facebook.
Creating facebook page will not help implementing the facebook marketing strategy but also help build credibility for the businesses.
- Facebook Page Username & URL
- Defining the target audience for your Facebook Fan Page
- Integrating different Facebook Apps to increase the engagement
- Scheduling the Facebook Posts
- Setting up a Call To Action Button for your Facebook Page
- Pinning the High Priority Facebook Post
Facebook Marketing Strategy - Advanced
Facebook community is the crucial aspect in building the brand and also engaging the core target audience on facebook.
This is an advanced facebook marketing strategy which would help boost the overall marketing processs.
Creating facebook community will take time with consistent efforts.
You can build a community for your audience through Facebook Groups to engage with them easily.
Follow the below steps to create a Facebook Groups.
- Create a group
- Add some people to the group (either from database or your Facebook fans)
- Select the privacy you want for the group
- Update your Group completely for better relevance and engagement for your audience
- Link your fan page with your group
- Customizing your Group email address
- Set the Member approval method
- Securing the group with post permissions
- Share the valuable resources often times
- Use multiple content formats to make the group posts more engaging
- Pin your group post which you think is of utmost important
- Go live if you have anything new to say for your audience
Facebook Organic Promotion Strategies
- Share inspirational graphics
- Share funny or creative content often times
- Try to post different kind of posts such as Brand story, Authority building, lead nurture, and personal posts
- You can boost your post to get more engagement (Because that’s how the algorithm works, it gives priority to the post which has got decent engagement already.)
- Adding integrations will boost your organic reach.
- Custom tabs
- Lead forms
- Landing Pages
- Offer Promotion
- Publish high quality, original and engaging content
- Video Tutorials
- Recipe posts
- How To Videos
- Q and A
- Select the right audience targeting from the page settings
- Test with different time of the day and Schedule the posts to optimize better
- Keep track of your posting frequency and tweak to optimize better
- Partner with other Facebook pages in your industry/niche.
- Run Contests
- Promote offers on the special days
- Go live often times if you have something valuable information to share with your fans
- Use the hashtags for better visibility
- Most importantly focus on giving value to the audience rather than growing your business (Value builds your business).
You can understand the latest facebook algorithm in depth here.
Facebook Ads Methods
The below 12 step approach will help you start running your Ads on Facebook.
- Create an Facebook Ad Account or Business Manager Account
- Adding the payment method
- Understanding the Facebook Campaign Structure
- Understand the marketing objective
- Creating the target audience (Custom, lookalike, and Saved)
- Create a Facebook pixel for re-targeting
- Install the Facebook pixel in WordPress (You can use plugin also)
- Install the Facebook pixel on other website (Sites which are not using WordPress) – paste the code in header.php before the </head> tag
- Install Facebook Pixel Helper Chrome extension to check if you have implemented it on the website properly
- Custom Audience creating using the pixel
- Create an Ad Set
- Create an Ad
Facebook Local will help you drive more visitors to your local shop.
Follow the below 11 step method to create one for your business on facebook.
- Go to ad manager
- Create a Campaign by selecting “Store Visits” as a marketing objective
- Select the page to create an ad
- Click on Ad
- Add the creatives and choose the feasible options
- Add a card at the end of your Page profile picture.
NOTE: The map card shows details of your nearest physical business locations, including a map, opening hours and directions. You can update the addresses for each one by managing your locations
Choose the destination as store locator or maps
- Set the budget (start with minimum amount initially, later you can expand)
- Schedule the campaign if you want
- Select the image type and write an ad
- Select the Call to Action to “Directions” if your target is very granular.
Facebook Tools and Facebook Resources
Royalty Free Images:
Facebook Page Management – Automation
If you have any suggestions on the above topics or have some experience and knowledge to share on the above topics.
Kindly do share with us, as most of the other people do get help from your valuable suggestions.
Your comments are highly valued and appreciated. Thanks!
~ Vikram C L