How to create a Website using WordPress CMS?
Before we get started to know how to create a website, we need to first understand the basics of website.
After that we will learn how can website benefit the businesses.
If you get to know how to create a website from the scratch on any content management systesm (WordPress), you can easily earn some bucks every month.
You can even get a digital marketing job easily as your profile will be a great blend of analytical and creative skills.
The website is a collection of web pages that represent your business. It is just like a business card in the online world. A website may be accessible via a public Internet Protocol (IP) network, such as the Internet, or a private local area network (LAN), by referencing a uniform resource locator (URL) that identifies the site.
Why do you need a Website for your business?
Below are some of the main reasons why do you need a website for your business.
- Your company website can help you reach the potential customers throughout the world whereas your physical store could reach a few numbers of potential customers offline.
The website is one of the credibility factors for your business.
- 90% of consumers say that buying decisions are influenced by online reviews.
- Instead of spending more on mailing ten brochures by traditional mail, you could reach thousands of potential customers online spending less than the traditional way.
- According to a recent report, 72% of buyers, they’ll turn to Google.
The first stage of research begins with general search terms as buyers explore the options at their disposal.
Buyers are usually looking for educational material, customer reviews, and testimonials at this stage.
- If you have a physical store selling product offline, you should be having an e-commerce website to sell the products online throughout the day.
- Create a learning center for your employees by giving them a web page access directly where they could self-learn the stuff related to your business instead of spending your valuable time offline to train them manually.
- Displaying your products/services on your website is one important thing whereas providing value to the customer to help them decide to buy your product or use your services is another important thing.
This can be achieved through by giving them a freebie using which you could build a trust with the potential customers.
- Business scale up is easy using the website.
Nurturing the customers/leads is made easy through email marketing by collecting the leads from your website.
How to create a Website that is Mobile Friendly?
A responsive website will help you load your website smoothly without a distortion in different screen resolutions.
The mobile-friendly website is particularly built for mobile users.
The responsive website will help you do that.
You can build a separate mobile website for your customers, my sincere suggestion here is to start small and narrow down the approach as the customers grow bigger and bigger.
Start with a responsive website and build a mobile-friendly website with the content optimized exclusively for mobile users later.
- As there is a rapid increase in mobile users, research showed that people turn to their phone first for browsing the internet, proving a real surge in mobile usage.
- Google is also recommending that your website should be mobile friendly as per their mobile first index algorithm update.
- Google says 61% of users are unlikely to return to a mobile site they had trouble accessing and 40% visit a competitor’s site instead. So you should be having a mobile-friendly website.
The responsive website will help your users to access your website with no hassle through mobile phones.
- It’s becoming one of the best practices to have a mobile friendly responsive website.
- It helps in enhancing the user experience seamlessly.
You have to plan your website based on your business goal.
The website should always be aligned with your business objective.
If you are providing Marketing Services Online.
The below sitemap structure would help you build a website for your business.
- Home Page
- Services Page
- About Us Page
- Contact Us Page
- Blog Page
Reference Website: https://www.leadometrics.com/
Choosing the best domain name for your business
- Domain name is your business name.
- The more relevant the better.
- Make it easy to remember.
- Keep it short.
- Include the Keyword if possible. Not mandatory though.
- Stick to.Com TLD.
- Avoid the trademark infringement.
- Do not use symbols and numbers in the domain name.
- Before registering your domain name, check if anyone is already using the name in any social media platforms.
Buy the Domain and Hosting Plan at an OFFER PRICE!
Content Management System and WordPress
CMS will help you in managing your digital content. A Web Content Management System (WCMS) is a CMS designed to support management of the content of web pages. Web content includes text, images, videos, audios, maps, and programming code.
CMS has two main components:
1. CMA – is a front-end user interface that allows the user to edit, modify and remove the content from a website.
2. CDA – compiles the information and updates the website.
WordPress is one such CMS platform, which helps you manage your content of the website with least or no programming knowledge.
Benefits of using a WordPress
- Easy to use.
- Mange from your own computer.
- No need to have coding skills. If you know the basics of HTML and CSS it is better, not mandatory though.
- Search Engines love WordPress.
- Complete control of your website.
- 100% customizable designs.
- WordPress site can grow your business and help you scale up the business.
- Functionalities can be taken to advanced level using different plugins.
- Multiple users and author access.
- The blog platform is built-in. No need to create separately
WordPress Best Themes Marketplace
Lead Magnet is a value based content that you give it to your prospects to collect the necessary details from them such as email address, phone number, zip code etc.
How to create Lead Magnet?
Below is the Step by step procedure to create a lead magnet.
1. Lead Magnet Ideas
Brainstorm the content which helps your prospects through your product/services. Give them the content piece for absolutely FREE.
Some of the lead magnet ideas are:
• Product Comparison
2. Design and Create a Lead Magnet
Start Creating the Lead Magnet whichever the document you feel feasible for your prospects.
3. Test and Optimize
As a rule of thumb, you will have to test different lead magnets and optimize the non-performing ones.
Lead Magnet Examples
Tools to Create Lead Magnet
Website Speed and its Importance on Ranking Your Website
Website speed determines how fast your website loads. This should be the first thing you should be doing if your website loads slowly.
Below are some of the reasons why I suggest you increase your website speed:
- Website Speed is a first Impression you make on your users.
- 47% of people expect your site to load in less than 2 seconds and 40% will abandon it entirely if it takes longer than 3 seconds.
- Website speed affects the user experience.
If you don’t give your customers what they want and don’t give them fast, they are less likely to stick to your website and to your business.
- If you miss out a user visiting your website, you are missing out a potential customer too!
- Website speed is one of the Ranking factors.
The higher the page speed, better will be the ranking position.
Search Engine like Google will reduce the number of crawlers it sends to your site if your server is slower than two seconds.
Tools to Check Website Speed
I hope this guide on how to create a website has helped you establish a firm foundation on creating a website from the scratch.
If you have any suggestions on the above topics or have some experience and knowledge to share on the above topics.
Kindly do share with us, as most of the other people do get help from your valuable suggestions.
Your comments are highly valued and appreciated. Thanks!
~ Vikram C L
Website and Content Management System (CMS) FAQs
Below are the Top 7 content management system (cms) examples.
You can create your website using these 12 Best CMS Platforms in 2020.
WordPress stands best among these best 12 best content managemetn (cms) platforms.
Content Management is a process of managing your content online using Content Management Systems (CMS). The process involves different stages of managing the content
such as content strategy development, content creation using multiple formats of content be it text, image, gifs, videos, infographics and so on. Content Managers would be
managing the content team to increase the brand awareness across online communities and measuring the content growth weekly or monthly.
Below is the step by step process of building a content management system (CMS):
- Create required database.
- Create database table for the articles.
- Create a configuration file.
Create the Article class.
- Write the front-end index. php script.
- Write the back-end admin. php script.
- Create the front-end templates.
- Create the back-end templates.
I hope this helps. Instead, you can simply try out the already built CMS platforms such as WordPress, Drupal, Joomla etc. WordPress being the best among other CMS platforms
available and the best part is it is FREE.
The three components of Content Management System (CMS) are Database to manage the data for various functions you perfom with it, UI (User Interface) to interact with the
database and display them in a user understable format, Editorial tools, workflow schemes, and output utilities.
Follw the below 5-Step process to choose CMS.
- Build a Scorecard.
- Compare the features and choose the top 2 among them.
- Run a CMS/CEM Showdown.
- Assign Final Grades.
- Be Realistic.
I hope this helps.
Based on personal experience and built numerous user friendly websites, you can stick to WordPress for better performance in all aspects.
Here is how a content management system (CMS) works. CMS system is an application that is used to manage web content, allowing multiple contributors to create, edit and
publish your content online. Content in a CMS is stored in a database and displayed in a presentation layer based on a set of templates for users to understand it in a simple
Content Managemen Process invovles 6 stages, content planning, content development, content control, content deployment, content preservation, and content evaluation.
CMS process is a method of planning, developing, managing, deploying, preserving, and evaluating your content to publish them online.