Table of Contents
- 1 YOUTUBE MARKETING
- 1.1 Youtube Account Setup
- 1.2 Video Ideas
- 1.3 Video Structure
- 1.4 YouTube Video Water Mark
- 1.5 YouTube Video Uploading
- 1.6 YouTube Video Uploading
- 1.7 YouTube Cards
- 1.8 YouTube Community
- 1.9 YouTube Creator Studio
- 1.10 YouTube Marketing Funnel
- 1.11 YouTube Marketing Strategy
- 1.12 YouTube Advertising
- 1.13 YouTube Metrics
- 1.14 Video Recording Softwares
- 1.15 Video Production Tools
- 1.16 Microphones
- 1.17 YouTube Marketing Tools
- 1.18 YOUTUBE MARKETING COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE
This YouTube Marketing guide will not only help you increase the views but also your youtube channel subscribers.
YouTube is the top video sharing platform ranks at number 3 globally and ranks at number 4 in India.
History of YouTube
Before you learn about youtube marketing, watch the below video to know the history of youtube first.
Benefits of Video Marketing
Let us know what are the advantages of youtube video marketing.
- Videos are the Multi sensory attention grabbing content format.
- YouTube has a High Search Volume – Billions of people visit YouTube daily to consume video content.
- Viral Marketing – One single viral video can change the whole game.
- Multiple Video Sharing Platforms.
- Search Engine Ranking – Videos with high views and relevant content can rank on SERPs.
- Social Media Share – Integrating with multiple social media platforms to reach a large audience.
- As mobile users are increasing rapidly chances are that your audience get easy access to your videos through their mobile phones.
Youtube Account Setup
Follow the below steps for youtube account setup.
- Go to YouTube.com and Sign-in
- Click on gear icon on top right corner
- Create a New Channel and then
- Click on My Channel from top right corner
- Click on Customize Channel
- Go to About section and update your Channel Description
- Update the profile picture and background image
- Go to Settings > View Additional Features > Advanced
- Enter the keywords for your channel
- Link AdWords account if you want to
- Associate a website by entering your website URL
- Link Analytics account if you want to track the data
Below are some of the video ideas that you can use to produce more videos for your youtube channel.
You can start creating any one of the video type suggested below and increase the video engagement by testing different type:
- Customer testimonials.
- Product walk through.
- Explainer Videos.
- Influencer interviews.
- Case studies.
- Live streaming.
Follow the below 4 step approach to structure your video content.
- Compelling headline – Headline is what makes user to click on the video to watch.
- Address the problem – First you need to talk about the problem that your audience is facing.
- Give a proper solution – Secondly you should show them how that problem can be solved in the video.
- Call-to-Action (CTA) – At last you should specify what exactly user has to do after finish watching your video.
Example: Subscribe, Website Visit, Download etc.
YouTube Video Water Mark
If you want to add a watermark to your videos, follow the below steps:
- Go to settings.
- Click on additional features.
- Click on Branding under Channel section.
- Add a watermark.
- Choose a transparent background image.
- You can then choose when this watermark to appear on the video such as : starting, ending, or entire video.
YouTube Video Uploading
To upload the videos to YouTube:
- Click on Upload button from top right corner.
- Choose the privacy settings.
- Select the file to upload.
- Enter the Title, description.
- Enter the tags and keywords – around 5 to 10.
- Schedule the video if you want to.
- Share the video if you want to.
- Select the video thumbnail.
- If you have created a playlist, please add the video to that playlist.
- Publish the video.
YouTube Video Uploading
To live stream on YouTube:
- Click on Live Steaming option from the side menu.
- Click on Get started.
NOTE: It will take 24 hours to activate the live streaming option for your channel.
Latest Update: YouTube will help you protect your content.
- You can manage the comments.
- Manage the Subscribers.
- Partner with the other Youtubers.
- You can engage with your customers through message option.
- Moderators will help you manage the channel better.
- Block the spam users.
YouTube Creator Studio
You can make use of the free music library in the YouTube Creator Studio
- Go to Creator Studio.
- Click on Create.
- Download the music you want from the library.
- Go to Sound effects and download the file you want.
YouTube Marketing Funnel
YouTube Marketing Strategy
Below suggested youtube marketing strategy will help you increase video views and increase youtube watch time.
Also, it will help you increase the youtube subscribers for your youtube channel.
You can use videos to convert the visitors into loyal customers. Follow some of the tips mentioned below to get more engagement for your videos.
- Keep the videos short – Shorter videos get longer engagement.
- Provide value to the viewers through your videos – Make it educational.
- Write a compelling headline – Headline plays an important role in making people to watch your videos.
- Upload the high quality videos – People should be pleased to watch your videos, don’t create videos just for the sake of creating it.
- Make use of description wisely – You can use the keywords, link back to your website, social share etc.
- Thumbnail – A picture is worth a thousand words, create a Thumbnail by seeing it people should understand the content.
- Mention a clear Call to Action – Keep your desired goal as your first priority while creating the video.
- Optimize the existing YouTube Channel – Ensure you fill the details of the Channel completely such as profile, description, background etc.
- Share it across all the other platforms to drive more viewers and shares for your videos.
- Set a goal to each and every video you upload be it website visit or channel subscribers.
- Increase your channel subscribers by uploading more and more valuable videos regularly.
Pro Tip : Append this code to the channel URL to provide an option for an user to subscriber to your channel.
Follow the 9 step process to create an YouTube Ad.
- Go to video manager.
- Select the video you want to advertise.
- Choose promote option from the drop down.
- Set the campaign budget.
- Choose the Ad Type.
- Select the Audience you want to target.
- Enter the location information.
- Select Interest of your audience.
- Create an Ad.
You need to keep watching these 10 metrics that will help you improvise the video marketing campaigns.
- Watch Time
- Real Time Report
- Traffic Sources
- Audience Demographics
- Playback locations
- Audience Retention
- Subscriber Rate
- Social Shares
- Likes and Dislikes
- Card Engagement
Video Recording Softwares
Video Recording and Video Editing Softwares
Video Production Tools
YouTube Marketing Tools
Social Blade – If you want to know about your competitors, potential partners, or role models on YouTube you can use this tool.
VidIQ – This Chrome extension displays a score card next to the video you’re watching on YouTube
Google Trends – To see the most popular topics
TubeBuddy – It helps you automate most of the stuff you do in YouTube channel
Download the complete youtube marketing guide to get started with video marketing for your business.
I hope you have liked this comprehensive guide on youtube marketing.
If you have any suggestions on the above topics or have some experience and knowledge to share on the above topics.
Kindly do share with us, as most of the other people do get help from your valuable suggestions.
Your comments are highly valued and appreciated. Thanks!
~ Vikram C L